VISION AND MISSION
The GREENS (Goals of Rural Elegance, Environmental Nurture and Sustainability)” Trust is a research and social oriented organization for sustainable rural accord through environmental conservation, technological advancement and sustainable development. We mainly focus on applied research (Water, Food and Energy), education and capacity building in special segments of environment and sustainability, socio-economic and cultural aspects, and technological advancement for rural elegance and livelihood.
The GREENS Trust mission is to identify the socio-economic and environmental problems of rural sector, to develop sustainable technologies, to restore ecological balance, to transition from technological approach for healthy livelihood, and generate rigorous interdisciplinary knowledge for achieving sustainable development (socio-economic, cultural and environmental aspects) among the rural community.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRUST
- To establish an education, research & training center in the areas of environmental conservation and sustainable development.
- To create awareness and educate on environmental conservation and sustainable management of natural resources like water, land, power, forest, etc. amongst the students, youths, farmers, teachers, etc.
- To practice and demonstration of innovative strategies for sustainable rural development, especially through ways of sustainable farming, self-employments, procuring food, etc, and other daily needs.
- To build socio-economic & cultural capital and resilience in rural communities.
- To strengthen the human capacities of rural communities such as health-care and education facilities and other capacities.
- To ensure environmental sustainability in rural areas by encouraging sustainable and environmentally friendly practices.
- To set up a public library and publication of scientific periodic related to environmental conservation and sustainable development, etc.
Sri. Puttaiah (Hon. President)
Smt. Kamalamma (Vice-President)
Smt. Harini R (Joint-Secretary & Treasurer)
Smt. Kanya Kumari HP (Principal Member)
Sri. Anadakumar AS (Principal Member)
Sri. Parashivamurthy (Principal Member)
Smt. Nethravathi HP (Special Invited Trustee)
SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY MEMBERS
Dr. David Jenkins, Plymouth University, United Kingdom
Dr. Nnenesi Kgabi, Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia
Dr. Behzad Shahmoradi, Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Dr. Augustine Ifelebuegu, Coventry University, United Kingdom
Dr. Samuel Oluwatobi Oluwafemi, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
Dr. Karthikeyan Murugesan, Quest International University Perak, Malaysia
Dr. B Manoj Kumar, JSS Science and Technology University, India
Dr. Afshin Maleki, Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Dr. A. G Deviprasad, University of Mysore, India
Dr. Yogendra Kambalagere, Kuvempu University, India
Dr. Ashok Gnanasekaran, Quest International University Perak, Malaysia
Dr. Vasanthakumari Raju, B S A Crescent University, India
Dr. Somendra Nath Roy, Amity University, India
Dr. S. G. V Subramanian, Anna University, India
Dr. Bela Zutshi, Bangalore University, India
Dr. K.S Jayappa, Mangalore University, India
Dr. S Suriyanarayanan, Vinayaka Mission University, India
Dr. Ningombam L Devi, Central University of South Bihar, India